FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We realise that every person attending Westfest in October will want to be assured that we have taken sufficient and suitable precautions to make the festival safe for attendees, staff and the local community. Obviously, whether there are restrictions or not, we will be following the guidance at the time of the event in partnership with the authorities.
If the event cannot take place because of a Covid related issue, all paid for tickets will be refunded in full by the ticket companies.
Please bare in mind that this is a festival event and as such will be on a grass surface which may be slightly uneven. It is always worth checking weather conditions on the day and making any adjustments to equipment you may need to bring with you for your convenience and comfort.
We provide a free personal assistant ticket to people who may need personal help from a trusted assistant at the event.
This is a simple process following the points below:
1. Order a ticket from our ticket page in the same name as is shown on the proof of disability document.
2. Send your proof of disability document (photo/scan by email) which can include current Disabled Living Allowance document, PIP or equivalent
3. We would then provide you with an equivalent grade ticket, be that Standard, VIP or VVIP.
You need to email the details through to email@example.com
Rights of admittance reserved. This event is for over 18s only.
This event operates a Challenge 25 policy full details available here. Anyone judged to be looking under 25 will be asked to produce photo ID. The only accepted forms of photo ID are a valid, in date, passport, driving license or Home Office approved proof of age card that clearly displays the pass hologram. Full details are available here.
The bars will operate a challenge 25 system. If you look under 25, you will be asked to provide valid photo ID proving you are 18 or over. Please take it as a compliment and if you’re lucky enough to look under 25, make sure you bring your photo ID with you.
Photocopies or birth certificates will not be accepted and are not valid forms of photo ID.
Please do not come without your valid photo ID if you feel you could look under 25, as you may be turned away if you cannot prove your age.
The event running times are 7pm – 6am
Last entry is at midnight
There is a strict no re-entry policy on the day
The clocks do not change at Westfest. Please do not adjust your watches until you leave Westfest, unfortunately there is no magic extra hour
For security reasons, all Westfest ticket holders will be subject to searches at entry to the event. Please be patient if there are queues, and please cooperate with any security requests and all searches.
We have put in place all necessary measures to maximise public safety, working closely with the authorities. You can also play your part in keeping Westfest safe and secure by reading the following text on restrictions and prohibited items.
Restrictions and prohibited items.
In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Westfest reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, and to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event with no refunds (please note that we are not responsible for any prohibited items or other items that we deem inappropriate or unsafe that are confiscated), these items include:
– Anything illegal or offensive.
– Food & drink. There are a variety of licensed bars and catering open throughout the event.
– Illegal Substances and New Psychoactive Substances (Legal Highs) Westfest takes any drug use very seriously, including the use of nitrous oxide inside or outside the event, and anyone found in possession of drugs may face prosecution.
– NO Glass or aerosols, including bottles. For perfume please consider using a Refillable Travel Perfume Atomiser Spray Bottle, these are available on popular online stores like Amazon.
– Seats and chairs
– Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. Small bags are allowed with the dimensions of 30cm x 42cm (A3 size) nothing bigger please.
– Umbrellas and parasols.
– Tents and gazebos, tables, BBQs, stoves and gas canisters.
– Banners and flags with sticks/poles.
– Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at any time within any areas of the site.
– Dangerous or hazardous items eg. knives, scissors, flares, fireworks, lighter fuel, aerosols, spray cans, air horns, klaxons or similar, laser pens.
– Chinese lanterns and Fireworks.
– Bicycles, skateboards and scooters.
– Any other items not included in the above list that we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to public safety and/or security.
– You are allowed to bring prescribed medication on site when accompanied by a doctor’s note or valid medical certificate – please ask for medics when you enter the search.
NONE! We will have plenty of fast-serve bars and caterers that will be serving a whole range of food & beverages, so don’t worry…
Free water is available on the bars when requested.
There will be cash machines on site. However, to avoid queues, we recommend bringing all the cash you expect to need for the day with you when you arrive. Cards will be accepted at some of the event bars.
You’ll need to talk to Ticket Arena. Their details are as follows:
Tel: 0113 350 4114
Monday – Friday: 10:00 – 17:00
Saturday: 10:00 – 14:00
Bank Holiday Opening Hours: 10:00 – 14:00
Yes, these will be available to book shortly.
Please be aware that strobe lighting and smoke effects will be used at this event and that loud music can damage your hearing.
Please note that all tickets are non refundable and non exchangeable.
For tickets purchased directly from the Westfest website, please note payments will show on your card statement as ‘TicketArena’.