FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In order to make Westfest as safe as possible for all attendees, staff, and the local community, we will require anyone entering the event to present one of the following:
• Proof of a negative lateral flow test. You can do this by either showing the NHS App Covid Pass Service, NHS result email or SMS, taken within 48 hours of the event. LFD tests are free and available from most pharmacies and collection points run by community organisations, like libraries.
• Proof of double vaccination. Either on the NHS App Covid Pass or EU Covid Passport or equivalent. Covid vaccine cards are not acceptable.
If you have an exemption from vaccines or tests, the NHS website has useful guidance you should read. Details here.
If you have not been double vaccinated it is your responsibility to take a lateral flow test and upload the results no more than 48 hours before arriving at the festival. Without this, admission will be denied. This is currently an industry standard. Regardless of your political or medical views, we ask that you respect that this is the only way for this event to go ahead.
We would like to remind people that public transport maintains wearing a mask as a condition of travel. Please check government guidance for all travel here.
These measures are correct at the time of writing. We reserve the right to amend these should government advice change closer to the event. At all times the ticket terms are adhered to and agreed by all ticket purchasers.
Q: How do I prove I have had my two doses of vaccination?
A: You need to use the NHS app Covid Pass – details available here. You may also use the EU Covid Passport or other international certification.
Q: I have not had a double vaccination and need to get an NHS LFD test to do at home before the event. How do I do this?
A: You can either pick up a packet of free tests from all local pharmacies and some collection points run by community organisations, like libraries. You can use this tool to find the closest place to pick up your free tests from here.
You can also order tests to be delivered to you from here.
Q: I have had a positive PCR test within the last 180 days and have been advised not to take any further tests until the 180 days is complete.
A: This is covered by the NHS App and will show proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
Q: I am exempt from being vaccinated or tested. What should I do?
A: The NHS offers guidance for this which our staff will be briefed on and can be found here.
Q: How do I report the test?
A: You can either report online here or over the phone on 119 (0300 303 2713 in Scotland). Once you have reported the test, the NHS will send you the proof as an SMS and an email for you to show at the event.
Q: How do I get the NHS app to show the NHS Covid Pass?
A: Info on the app is available here.
Q: You didn’t tell us these conditions of entry so you need to refund us.
A: Ever since the start of 2021, our ticket terms have stated in the Conditions of entry, that we will be adhering to the laws or guidance at the time of the event and that Lateral Flow Tests may be part of those conditions. Ticket terms have to be accepted to purchase tickets.
Q: Do we need to do our NHS LFD test before coming to the event?
A: Yes. Unless you have your NHS Covid Pass app, or are exempt from vaccines or tests, you will need to do your LFD test at home before you arrive at the event as you will be turned away to get one before being admitted.
Process on the day
1. If you have had two vaccinations for Covid, and you have the NHS Covid Pass app or a certificate of proof, show this at the checking area.
2. If you are not double vaccinated, get a free NHS LFD test from a chemist and register your result with the NHS here or over the phone on 119. Then bring the email or the SMS with you to get in.
3. Once you arrive at Westfest, before you enter, you will be asked to show your Covid Status unless you are exempt. Once you have done this you will be allowed to enter the Search Area.
4. If you get a positive result, please do not attend the event.
5. Enter the event and enjoy yourself!
Please bare in mind that this is a festival event and as such will be on a grass surface which may be slightly uneven. It is always worth checking weather conditions on the day and making any adjustments to equipment you may need to bring with you for your convenience and comfort.
We provide a free personal assistant ticket to people who may need personal help from a trusted assistant at the event.
This is a simple process following the points below:
1. Order a ticket from our ticket page in the same name as is shown on the proof of disability document.
2. Send your proof of disability document (photo/scan by email) which can include current Disabled Living Allowance document, PIP or equivalent
3. We would then provide you with an equivalent grade ticket, be that Standard, VIP or VVIP.
You need to email the details through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of admittance reserved. This event is for over 18s only.
This event operates a Challenge 25 policy full details available here. Anyone judged to be looking under 25 will be asked to produce photo ID. The only accepted forms of photo ID are a valid, in date, passport, driving license or Home Office approved proof of age card that clearly displays the pass hologram. Full details are available here.
The bars will operate a challenge 25 system. If you look under 25, you will be asked to provide valid photo ID proving you are 18 or over. Please take it as a compliment and if you’re lucky enough to look under 25, make sure you bring your photo ID with you.
Photocopies or birth certificates will not be accepted and are not valid forms of photo ID.
Please do not come without your valid photo ID if you feel you could look under 25, as you may be turned away if you cannot prove your age.
The event running times are 7pm – 6am
Last entry is at midnight
There is a strict no re-entry policy on the day
The clocks do not change at Westfest. Please do not adjust your watches until you leave Westfest, unfortunately there is no magic extra hour
For security reasons, all Westfest ticket holders will be subject to searches at entry to the event. Please be patient if there are queues, and please cooperate with any security requests and all searches.
We have put in place all necessary measures to maximise public safety, working closely with the authorities. You can also play your part in keeping Westfest safe and secure by reading the following text on restrictions and prohibited items.
Restrictions and prohibited items.
In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Westfest reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, and to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event with no refunds (please note that we are not responsible for any prohibited items or other items that we deem inappropriate or unsafe that are confiscated), these items include:
– Anything illegal or offensive.
– Food & drink. There are a variety of licensed bars and catering open throughout the event.
– Illegal Substances and New Psychoactive Substances (Legal Highs) Westfest takes any drug use very seriously, including the use of nitrous oxide inside or outside the event, and anyone found in possession of drugs may face prosecution.
– NO Glass or aerosols, including bottles. For perfume please consider using a Refillable Travel Perfume Atomiser Spray Bottle, these are available on popular online stores like Amazon.
– Seats and chairs
– Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. Small bags are allowed with the dimensions of 21cm x 30cm (A4 size) nothing bigger please.
– Umbrellas and parasols.
– Tents and gazebos, tables, BBQs, stoves and gas canisters.
– Banners and flags with sticks/poles.
– Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at any time within any areas of the site.
– Dangerous or hazardous items eg. knives, scissors, flares, fireworks, lighter fuel, aerosols, spray cans, air horns, klaxons or similar, laser pens.
– Chinese lanterns and Fireworks.
– Bicycles, skateboards and scooters.
– Any other items not included in the above list that we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to public safety and/or security.
– You are allowed to bring prescribed medication on site when accompanied by a doctor’s note or valid medical certificate – please ask for medics when you enter the search.
NONE! We will have plenty of fast-serve bars and caterers that will be serving a whole range of food & beverages, so don’t worry…
Free water is available on the bars when requested.
There will be cash machines on site. Contactless and cash payments will be accepted on bars and food outlets. We recommend bringing all the cash you expect to need for the day with you when you arrive.
Yes, lockers are available to pre-book here – We strongly advise that you pre-book lockers as they will sell out.
Please be aware that strobe lighting and smoke effects will be used at this event and that loud music can damage your hearing.